Warning: sense of humour required… this project is definitely very SILLY!
Yes, toast tower connectors are one of the dumbest things I’ve ever made… but you know what? Kids love it!
So, never dismiss a silly idea… if it puts a smile on someone’s face that’s justification enough.
Step by step guide
Here’s how to make your own ‘toast stackers’, time to get silly!!
Cut some thin but stiff wire (jewellery wire or a straightened paper clip) into 60mm lengths (1).
LEARN how to transform the stuff around you into fun and useful things:
Feed thin sausages of FIMO (a polymer modelling clay) through the holes of some coloured wooden beads (2). Remove any excess FIMO, leaving the holes in the beads completely filled (3).
Carefully push the wire strips through the centre of each bead (4). Fill any gaps with more FIMO and smooth with your finger (5). Bake the beads in the oven to harden the FIMO (6). Now you can start stacking!
- Colourful beads
- Polymer clay (FIMO) or glue
- Wire (a paper clip would work)
- Wire cutters or pliers with a cutter
What will I learn?
1) Stupid projects with no obvious purpose allow you to exercise your inner child, and that’s never a bad thing!
2) Something as simple as a wire and a bead can turn an everyday meal into an unforgettable family memory.
2) Toast is especially suited to construction and building projects, there’s lots of playful ways it could be used.
Give it your own twist
I think everyone has to construct a toast tower at least once in their life. So why not surprise your kids next time they have a sleep over?